Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dream vacation?!

I love a good Deliverance reference.  I think it is because whenever I watch the movie I feel like I am back home.  I mean, my parents neighbor bears a striking resemblance to the man  in overalls, you can hear banjos playing in the distance at night, and I sat next to the albino kid my senior year of study hall.  Oh, how I wish I was kidding.

My hubby and I got the lucky gift from my m-i-l of three nights and four days of child free bliss.  We decided to head to Put-in-Bay and Marblehead.  We opted for the homey feel and relaxation of two different Bed and Breakfasts.  The first was what you see pictured below.

We hopped on the ferry and headed to the islands.  We got off the ship and hitched a ride on the taxi bus thingy.  We advised the driver of where we are staying and off we went. 
Sidenote: I looked super-duper cute in my skort, sparkly sunglasses and shinny silver sandals.  Sadly, it appeared I overdressed for the occasion.

As we pull it (we are the first stop), I hear the girl behind me say: "OMG!  Is someone really staying here?!"  I follow up with the classic: "Oh why, yes.  Me!"
Damn it.

I will let the photos do the talking:


I guess Christmas is early this year.  Too bad Santa didn't bring a new door frame.  Oh, and this is the front door of the fabulous establishment in which we stayed.


The view from our room.  Romantic, isn't it?

The rear-view mirror on the golf cart we rented.  I am sure this is totally road legal.

The rotting jeep and truck filled with garbage right next to our golf cart parking.

The fridge that is supposedly stocked with breakfast, snacks and drinks.

Turkey anyone?


Thank God the room was clean and we had a private bath.  I simply told Rob: "If I hear banjos or pigs, we are fucking outta here." *

1 comment:

  1. Oh Janelle...see, I TOLD you that you should have ditched the weekend away and come to my crop! But at least you'll have an interesting page to make...

    ReplyDelete